Mold Allergy Symptoms and Prevention

Mold Allergy can be harmful to your health

mold allergy Alpine CAMold allergy can have a harmful effect on your health. Runny nose, eye irritation, coughing, congestion, aggravation of asthma, headache, or fatigue – all may be symptoms of exposure mold.

If you have a mold allergy, your immune system overreacts when you breathe in mold spores. This triggers a cascade of reactions that lead to allergic symptoms.

Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can cause symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, eye irritation, wheezing, or skin irritation. Some people, such as those with serious allergies to molds, may have more severe reactions. Severe reactions may occur among workers exposed to large amounts of molds in occupational settings, such as farmers working around moldy hay. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath. Some people with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may develop mold infections in their lungs.

If you are having a problem with allergies then there’s a good chance there could be mold growing somewhere in your home.

Especially susceptible are people with those already “at risk” due to immune suppressed or compromised health issues, young children, and individuals with chronic inflammatory lung diseases such as asthma and severe allergies.

If you have a mold allergy, the best defense is to reduce your exposure to the types of mold that cause your reaction. While it isn’t always possible to avoid mold allergy triggers, medications can help keep mold allergy reactions under control.

To rid your home of mold call Gold Coast Water Damage Restoration Services in Alpine.  We can come to your home and make an assessment of the mold in your home and determine what types of mold are in your home and the best way to begin mold removal and remediation.

Did you know that mold is often hidden in your home?  When you have mold growing hidden away in your house, often a moldy smell might be the only clue that it’s there. Don’t ignore mold odors if you can’t see any mold. You should thoroughly inspect your home before any mold problems get worse.